ENDO MotoSport Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENDO MotoSport Forums

Our buisness is anything and everything Motosports!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LiNG
LiNG

I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here Empty
PostSubject: I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here   I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:36 am

Dear Mr. Helgeson,
I signed on because I have been annoyed, endangered, and angered one too many times by people riding motorized dirt-bikes and other off-road vehicles
that have no damn business anywhere. To me, this bill is narrow — it doesn't include those "personal watercraft," seemingly jet-powered little missiles whose only apparent purpose is to risk death and dismemberment for boaters
and swimmers, for the amusement of spoiled drunk teenagers.

Yes, I am sure there is the occasional responsible person who rides one of these machines on land or water. And yes, like every human being I have been pleasantly surprised to find my stereotypes broken. But why, why, why, do folks insist on motorized "sports"? Those two words are an oxymoron.

There is nothing sporting — athletic, physically demanding — about riding any machine anywhere. And it's a damned annoyance to folks who see the outdoors as a place to go for quiet and solitude and self-exploration. I would be happy to ban the use of the internal combustion engine off-road, by anyone without a handicapped sticker, subject to a stiff fine. Maybe we could call this an anti-obesity measure.

Please circulate this to all motorized sports enthusiasts, so they can remember never to vote for me.

Adam Kline
Back to top Go down
LiNG
LiNG

PostSubject: Re: I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here   I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:39 am

oh yeah the bill they are talking about is a noise bill from a while back that didnt pass thank god but this shows what kind of people are out there
Back to top Go down
james105

PostSubject: bill   I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:00 pm

who the hell wrote that and y would they say such a thing about our sport. There is alot more things that make more noise or pollution or damage to the environment than what we do.
Back to top Go down
Chris Denny
Admin
Admin
Chris Denny

PostSubject: Re: I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here   I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 8:39 am

"There is nothing sporting — athletic, physically demanding — about riding any machine anywhere."

That's my favorit part. I would love to see that person get on a bike and ride trails straight for an hour. Not only would they be exhausted, but they would see how much damn fun it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here   I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I read this email on the King5 news website and it pissed me off so here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ENDO MotoSport Forums :: ENDO-MAINS :: General discussion-
Jump to: